New Patient Information
Are you new to our dental office? If so, this page will answer many of the questions you probably have, such as, “What will my first visit be like?” and, “Will you take my dental insurance?” If you still have a question for us after reading this page, please contact us and let us know. We’re so happy that you’re considering bringing your smile to Dental Designs by Quandt. It’ll be the best thing you’ve ever done for your oral health!
Your First Visit
Your first visit with us will leave you with a lasting impression. When first calling our practice as a new patient, expect a few common questions about your past dental experiences and dental goals. We provide a full two-hour appointment for new patients. The first hour, you will meet with Dr. Scott Quandt and his assistant. He will go over your health history, sign any necessary forms, take any x-rays, and discuss any concerns you may have in your mouth. We want to know what your dental goals are, and we will listen attentively to everything you say.
The second hour of the appointment can consist of two things. You may either get your teeth cleaned by one of our hygienists, or we can start any immediate work that day if you have a tooth that’s bothering you. You will leave our office with a refreshed and different take on what it means to go to a dentist.
In order to help you save time at your appointment, we’ve made our patient forms available here as a download. Simply download them, print them, fill them out, and bring them to your next appointment to get things started nice and fast! If you have any issues getting this to work, please let us know! Also, if you would like to fill out the forms at our office, please allow for about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
Patient Forms - Coming soon!
Dental insurance can be confusing, but we'll make it easy for you. Simply bring your card or claim into our office or call to speak with our friendly insurance assistant. We'll be happy to tell you what your insurance will cover and file your claim for you.
- Dental insurance is diverse. Some policies cover only a small percentage of fees, while others cover 50% or greater. The more you or your employer pays for premiums, the better the coverage, in most cases.
- For the most part, dental insurance covers preventive procedures, including annual x-rays, two cleanings and checkups per year, and fluoride treatments at 100%. Restorative care, such as fillings, crowns, replacement teeth, orthodontics, etc. are typically partially covered.
- Cosmetic treatment is usually not covered. To help with this problem, we work with third-party financing companies to make dentistry affordable for virtually all of our patients.
- Most dental insurances also carry a "missing tooth clause." The clause states that your insurance will not pay for the replacement of a tooth or teeth that were missing before your policy began. Our third-party financing companies can help you afford dental implants, partials, dentures, or bridgework.
- Your benefits are probably based on "usual, customary, and reasonable fees." These fees may not accurately reflect the cost of our services. We are not a clinic, and we offer many luxuries and technologies to make your dental care experience comfortable. We invest time with each of our patients. To us, you are a person, not a number or a chart. Our dentists and our team invest in more continuing education than is required so that we can bring you the best dental care possible. The fees considered reasonable and customary by your insurance provider probably do not reflect the type of care and service we consider standard.
- Your "yearly maximum" is the amount your insurance company will pay in a calendar year. Usually, the amount is $1000. If you do not use all of your yearly maximum before December 31st, you lose it. Each new calendar year, your maximum will fund again.
- If you have dental insurance, we will tell you your estimated portion before we treat you. Don't worry about surprises! Please be prepared to pay your portion at your visit unless prior payment arrangements have been agreed upon.
- If your insurance provider does not pay their estimated portion, we will bill you for the balance. However, our insurance specialist will provide all paperwork, charts, x-rays, and photos necessary to optimize your benefits when we file your claim.
If you want to enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry or need restorative procedures, Dr. Quandt does not want to let money stand in your way. Our practice has partnered with CareCredit, a trusted name in patient financing, to bring you dentistry that fits your budget.
CareCredit payment plans include:
- NO down payment
- NO interest for up to 18 months for qualified applicants
- NO prepayment penalties
- Low interest loans
- Long-term loans
- Revolving credit for other medical, dental, vision procedures
- Easy online payment option
- Easy online application process
CareCredit has helped more than 6 million patients afford the procedures they wanted or needed. With 20 years in the patient finance industry, CareCredit has established a stellar reputation. Visit them online to calculate your monthly payment and apply for financing that will improve your health, your smile, your life!
Apply for Care Credit
We try to make every visit productive, comfortable, and positive for our patients. We appreciate that you’ve chosen Dental Designs by Quandt out of all the practices in the area, especially those who tell others about us. That’s why we reward patients who refer a friend or family member to our practice. If a new patient comes to our practice because of your recommendation, your name is entered to win amazing prizes!
Learn More About Referral Program